Simple, Fast and ultra yummy!.
The best thing with this chewy chocolate chip pot cookie bar
is that the centre bars are more chewy and gooey than the traditional cookies.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Pot Cookie Bars
Kitchenaid mixer OR and hand mixer with standard mixing attachments
2 x Medium size bowls
Sifter ( preferred but if you don’t have one it still works fine)
Measuring cup full standard set of 1/4, 1/3,1/2, 3/4 & 1cup.
Measuring spoon set full standard set of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1tsp, 1tble
Wooden Spoon or Spatula
Baking paper or parchment paper
- 10 mins
- 15 mins
- 40 mins
Recipe makes 1 1/2 dozen bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted Canna butter
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup broken up Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie baking tray or line with parchment paper.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a sifter and sift over a medium size bowl. If no sifter is being used, then mix dry ingredients together with a spoon first. Set aside when mixed.
- Melt your butter in a medium bowl in microwave.
- Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended and gooey. Taste to make sure its yummy or scoop some in a bowl for the cookie dough lover.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Spread and level the entire cookie mixture on the baking sheet tray.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly brownish and toasted.
- Cool on separate baking sheets for a few minutes. Can be transferred to wire racks to cool completely if desired.