You may also like :
Definition of 'LANDRACE CANNABIS'
Landrace Cannabis Strains are strains ( varieties ) of cannabis plant that have developed over time for at least 100 years in their natural environment and have not been crossed to other varieties, Over a large number of generations this reduces the genetic variation of the plants and often makes the plants from a landrace stain very uniform in appearance and growing characteristics. Each unique cannabis cultivar has adapted to a very specific location and climate.
Over time, these strains will have developed unique characteristics to better survive in their distinct climate. Said another way, landrace strains are indigenous cannabis plants.
Some are cultivated to make unique types of hashish, charas, fiber of for flower, others grow wild in their respective countries.
Heirloom strains are similar to landrace strains, but have been shaped by human hands so to speak, Heirloom strains have generally been breed for certain characteristics such as making hash. A heirloom strain has been cultivated by humans for human use.
List of Landrace and Heirloom Strains
Hawaiian Landrace and Heirloom Strains
- Kona Gold - longer flowering Hawaiian Sativa strain.
- Maui Wowie - Well know Hawaiian strains
- Kona Gold - a legendary totally devastating Hawaiian Sativa from the Kailua-Kona side of the Big Island of Hawaiʻi.
- Kahuna Bud - Hawaiian family heirloom
- Puna Buddaz - Big Island Hawaiʻi landrace strain
- Hawai'i '78 - a landrace Hawaiian landrace hailing from Waihole valley near Kualoa Ranch. Also know as sweet lady of Waihole, as well as Jurassic Bud, Hawai'i '78 is one of the most rare and special Hawaiian landrace strains on Earth. An old school Hawaiian sativa
- Kaua'i Electric - a legendary Hawaiian landrace from the island of Kaua'i.
- Moloka'i Purpz - a Hawaiian landrace strain that originates from the island of Moloka'i
Greek Heirloom Strains
South American Landrace Strains
- Panama Red – Sativa traced to a small panamanian island.
- Punto Rojo – Sativa that can be found growing in Columbia.
- Acapulco Gold – Sativa coming from the Mexico region.
- Oaxacan Mexican
- Guerrero - highland Guerrero Mexican Sativa domainant strain.
- Mangobiche - Colombian Sativa with mango aromas
- Columbian Red
- Colombian Black - a very old true equatorial colombian line and its acclimated to 12/12 thoughout its life.
Landrace Strains from Africa
- Durban Poison - Sativa Traced to the Durban area of South Africa.
- Durban Magic - Another strain coming from the Durban area of South Africa, Sativa dominant plant that comes from the valley of 1000 hills.
- Malawi - Sativa originating out of Malawi,
- Nigerian Landrace - there have been numerous Nigerian landraces that have been cultivated these include 1976 Nigerian, Yoruba Nigeria marijuana strain
- Angola Roja
- Black African Magic
- Malawi Gold - A.K.A Chamba, is harvested exclusively in the Northern region of Malawi.
- Swazi Gold - Sativa originating from Swaziland South Africa
- Pondo Mystic - A Highland Sativa orginating in the north eastern cape mountains of South Africa.
- Mulanje Gold - a sativa cultivated along in the Zambia Malawi Highlands which is the 2nd highest African mountain in Malawi.
Hindu Kush Landrace Strains
- Chitrali - Chitrali Hindu Kush charas plant, strain from Upper Chitral that has both indica and sativa phenotypes.
- Hindu Kush - indica growing in the Kush Mountain range.
- Pakistan Chitral Kush
Indian Landrace Strains
Kerala - South Indian Ganja Plant, This strain comes from the equatorial southern end of the Indian highlands known as the Western Ghats, in a region named Idukki - one of the most famous historic centres of ganja cultivation.
Manipuri Ganja Plant - A strong sativa from the tradional ganjo growin region of Imphal Valley Manipur.
Ukhrul - a compact Sativa, This sativa comes from the Ukhrul district near the border of Burma in the state of Manipur India. Ukhrul is home to the Tangkhul Naga tribes people.
Afghanistan Landrace Strains
In Afghanistan the following strains were reported in the Afghanistan Cannabis Survey http://globalinitiative.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/unodc-afghanistan-cannabis-survey-2009.pdf Cannabis strains cultivated in different provinces.
- Mazari (Balkhi) also known as Mazar-I-Sharif, around 50% depending on the year
- Watani 7%
Kharwari Shadani 5%
Machalghu Shadani 5%
Sabz Bang 5%
Azraki Shadani 5%
Logari Shadani 5%
Sreh chars 4%
Surkhabi Shadani 2%
Bangi Hirati 1%
Spera Botay 0.5%
Chaghali tokhom 0.2%
Landrace Strains Egypt
Sinai - Egyptian strain from the Bedouin that has both indica and sativa phentypes
Bango - a Southern Sinai strain, It is not a pure sativa, but has both indica and sativa phentypes
Lebanon Heirloom Strain